If your company relies on bus transportation, a bus booking system can help you become more efficient and productive. Bus ticketing system enables you to manage bus schedules and routes, track the locations, and passenger list, and collect statistics to improve customer satisfaction.
What is the purpose of a bus ticketing system?
By automating the process of scheduling and managing trips, a bus ticketing system can save you time and money. It can also assist you in keeping track of passengers’ details according to each bus schedule, as well as their contact information and any special requests they may have. To aid clients in selecting their chosen seats, you can also specify seat availability, schedule itineraries, and upload interactive seat maps. You can book tickets at any time and from any location using the online bus ticket booking system. A bus ticketing system can also help you plan and manage bus routes, schedule for drivers, and track and maintain the needs of vehicles. All of these can assist you in running your booking company more effectively and accurately.
What features should the bus ticketing system have?
A bus ticketing system might help your company become more structured and effective. Here are some most important features to look for in a bus ticket management system:
Counter Panel (Web Based): By using counter panel bus company/operator will get their own branded counter ticketing system to sell tickets.
The features option of counter panel
- Operator user registration and login
- View available routes and buses
- Select bus schedule and view seats
- Book/Sale tickets by filling in proper information
- Option to print departure sheet
- Option to print passengers list
- Enter counter expenses
Counter Panel (Android Based): In this system, bus operators can sell bus tickets from any location other than the bus counter. And passengers do not have to wait in line for tickets at the bus counter for a long time. They can also collect tickets from the bus conductor while they board the bus.
If you want to provide ticketing service in this way, you have to install the bus ticketing system in an android POS machine, and you have to tell what features you want to take while creating the bus booking software.
Website for Ticketing: Passengers can book bus tickets through the website. And through this, passengers can book their bus tickets by using their laptop, tab, or desktop by seeing which bus is on which route, what time the bus will leave, how many seats have been booked and which seats are vacant, etc.
To sell tickets online to the customer and pay online, people can search for tickets and choose appropriate tickets via this website; here are some features-
- The website with all operator tickets
- You can search available routes
- Select time and operator
- Customers can purchase needed tickets using the pay online
- The market can propose discounts for customers
- Customers will get a confirmation email and SMS when they will confirm the tickets etc.
Admin Panel: Every bus company will have its admin panel to manage all the administrative tasks quickly and accurately. While using this bus ticketing system the authority has their admin section to add, manage buses, tickets sell commissions, selling reports, agent management, etc.
Here are given some but not limited to these:
- Flexible admin panel
- Every bus operator will have their own admin panel to manage their administrative tasks including bus information, routes, departure schedules, accounts, etc.
- Enter fleet information, create seat layout, assign to different buses, and view seat templates.
- Insert boarding points, dropping points as well as all counter information.
- Daily departure check, seal sold, seat remaining, the amount collected, etc.
- Print available/booked/sold seats according to departure list
- Manage drivers, assistant, and helpers, and their wages
- Company Accounts and many more.
Android & iOS App (Passenger): Android and iOS apps will be available in the google play store and apple store, customer can install them from their or directly from the website to buy their tickets.
- It will be a fully native android app and iOS app.
- Customers can install it from Google Play/Apple store or directly from the website
- Using route, the date you will get a list of available buses
- Customers can search for appropriate tickets and buy them using online payment
- Customers will get a confirmation email and SMS when they will confirm the tickets
Driver App: This software allows bus drivers to get their daily GPS-based buses before they take the road. This feature allows you to handle real-time bus tracking, real-time alerts, and safe and comfortable rides.
Parcel Manager: The bus booking system also has parcel booking module, to book parcels, create invoices, deliver management, report, etc.
- Bus operators will have a parcel booking system attached to their counter ticketing system
- Counter users can book any parcel from the customer
- Parcel invoices will be generated separately
- The parcel will be assigned according to a bus schedule
- Status updated of every parcel like – booked, received, delivered, etc.
FAQs while choosing a bus ticketing software provider
There are numerous bus booking system suppliers available. How do you know which one is best for your company? Here are some things to think about before making your decision:
– What features does the system provide?
– Is the system simple to use?
– What is the system’s price?
– Does the provider give decent customer service?
– Is the system scalable enough to grow with your company?
– Is the software has security?
– Do they have an expert team to implement the system?
– How long do they provide their services?
These are just a few considerations to make when selecting a bus ticketing system for your company.
How does the bus ticketing system benefit your company?
A bus ticketing system can benefit your company in a variety of ways.
Firstly, it may assist you in keeping track of your bookings and ensuring that you have all of the information you require in one place. By preventing double bookings or missed reservations, you can save time and money.
Secondly, bus booking software can assist you in better managing your fleet. You’ll be able to monitor which buses are available and when, and you’ll be able to ensure that your vehicles are used as efficiently as possible.
Third, a bus ticket booking system can provide you with useful information about your clients’ preferences and booking patterns. This data can assist you in optimizing your routes and timetable to better suit the needs of your customers.
You can automate your booking process and help your customers make their trips and daily trips easier with the bus ticketing system. Furthermore, the online bus booking software allows you to maintain client information, and passenger lists, arrange routes, calculate seat availability, and allow consumers to choose their seats.